Sunday 21 November 2010

Taliban Computer Virus

Yesterday, I scanned down the list of emails in my Inbox and noticed a suspicious looking message. Being always vigilant to spam, phishing and possible viruses, I try to be cautious when opening anything I don't immediately recognise for fear of unleashing the hounds of hell onto my hard drive. For the most part, I have escaped unscathed but I did get a couple over the years which turned out to be almost impossible to remove from my computer. I say almost impossible as some intensive research on the Internet did yield the means to get the nasty little buggers out of my O.S. But heck, I work in the computer field and had a bitch of time successfully ridding myself of these unwanted gremlins; I can't imagine what anybody would do if they are merely your average Joe surfer who likes to prevail themselves of a little email, Facebook and Twitter without having to be a computer genius to get anything to work.

I suppose it's sort of a testimony to the ingenuity of the virus creators how they manage to take advantage of all these little holes Microsoft has left in their operating system. I guess that's a grudging hats off as I certainly do not like to think somebody is managing to unlock my apartment door and wander around my abode doing whatever they feel like.

So, in the spirit of assisting my fellow man... and woman, I would like to pass off to you a copy of this suspicious email. Be on the lookout; I'm sure that sooner or later you may get a copy in your own Inbox.

**************************

From: "Miss Helen"
To: William Belle
Date: 11/21/10 12:09 AM
Subject: Dear Internet User

DEAR RECEIVER,

You have just received a Taliban virus. Since we are not so technologically advanced in Afghanistan, this is a MANUAL virus. Please delete all the files on your hard disk yourself and send this mail to everyone you know.

Thank you very much for helping us.

Thanks & Regards

Miss Helen

**************************

P.S.: I actually did receive this email last night. I have no idea who sent it but after reading it over twice as I was at first confused about its meaning, I realised what a hilarious joke this was. Hats off to the anonymous sender; this is a good gag.

2010-11-21

No comments: