Saturday 4 August 2012

Blodwyn Pig: It's Only Love


Come on tell me who you need
Come on that you're lonely everyday
Everyday
That you're lonely everyday
Strange feelin' you know it's only love.

Come on tell me who you love babe
Come on that it's me you're thinking of
Every night
That you're lonely every night
Strange feelin' you know it's only love.

Come on tell me who you love babe
Come on that it's me you're thinking of
Well every night
That you're lonely every night
Strange feelin' you know it's only love.


References

Uploaded by tdm5874 on Jul 13, 2009

Wikipedia: Blodwyn Pig
Blodwyn Pig were a British blues–rock group founded by guitarist–vocalist–songwriter Mick Abrahams, after he left Jethro Tull in 1968 due to a falling-out with Tull leader Ian Anderson.

Wikipedia: Ahead Rings Out
Ahead Rings Out was the debut album by British blues-rock band Blodwyn Pig, released in 1969. The band had been formed in 1969 by Mick Abrahams, the former guitarist of Jethro Tull, and sales of Ahead Rings Out rivalled those of Jethro Tull’s next album, Stand Up, reaching No. 9 on the British album chart.

Squirrel Music: Mick Abrahams-Blodwyn Pig Official site

Some personal notes
I was looking on the Net for the lyrics and visited several web sites dedicated to providing the words to songs. Every one of them had the lyrics for the song It's Only Love by Simply Red. Ha ha. Somebody copied and pasted the words but nobody bothered to listen along to verify the lyrics and then from there did every site copy from the other? Ha ha. It ended up I had to write out the lyrics myself!

I bought this album when it first came out in 1969. Thanks to a friend who worked in a record store, I heard about all sorts of non mainstream music which was just great. If you wander off the beaten track you many times find some real gems.

2012-08-04

Site Map - William Quincy BelleFollow me on Twitter

No comments: