Monday 6 August 2012

The Knack: My Sharona



Published on Feb 19, 2017 by The Knack - Topic
YouTube: The Knack - My Sharona (1979)


Oh my little pretty one, pretty one
When you gonna give me some time Sharona
Will you make my motor run, my motor run
Gun it coming off the line Sharona

Never gonna stop, give it up
Such a dirty mind, always get it up
For the touch of the younger kind
My my my i yi wooh
My my my my Sharona

Come a little closer huh, ah will ya huh,
Close enough to look in my eyes Sharona
Keeping it a mystery gets to me
Running down the length of my thighs Sharona

Never gonna stop, give it up
Such a dirty mind, always get it up
For the touch of the younger kind
My my my i yi wooh
My my my my Sharona

When you gonna give it to me
Give it to me
It's just a matter of time Sharona
Is it just destiny, destiny
Or is it just a game in my mind Sharona

Never gonna stop, give it up
Such a dirty mind, always get it up
For the touch of the younger kind
My my my i yi wooh
My my my my Sharona


References

Uploaded by Amarchord999 on Jul 7, 2011

Wikipedia: My Sharona
"My Sharona" is the debut single by The Knack, released in 1979 from their album Get the Knack. It reached #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 singles chart where it remained for six weeks and was #1 on Billboard's Top Pop Singles of 1979 year-end chart. It was certified gold (one million units sold) by the Recording Industry Association of America. It reached gold status faster than any debut single since The Beatles' "I Want to Hold Your Hand" in 1964.
...
When [Douglas Lars "Doug" Fieger (1952–2010)], who was 25, met 17-year-old Sharona Alperin, she inspired a two-month-long run of songwriting, as well as becoming Fieger's girlfriend for the next four years. "It was like getting hit in the head with a baseball bat; I fell in love with her instantly. And when that happened, it sparked something and I started writing a lot of songs feverishly in a short amount of time." Whenever Fieger thought about Alperin, he would think of Berton Averre's guitar riff, and the two worked out the structure and melody from there. Averre was originally averse to using Sharona's name in the song, but Fieger wanted it to be a direct expression of his feelings; Averre ultimately relented. Fieger has claimed that "My Sharona" was written in 15 minutes.
...
Sharona, who appears on the picture sleeve for the single, became a major booster for the band bringing many girls to their early shows. Sharona Alperin is now a real estate agent in Los Angeles, California, and owns the song's Web domain name, using it for her personal Web site.
...
The New Rolling Stone Album Guide claimed that the song "was a hit for a good reason. The beat is urgent, the chorus calls out for drunken shouting along and the guitar solo is a firecracker flash."


Wikipedia: Get The Knack
Get The Knack is the debut album by The Knack, released in June 1979. The album was the fasting-selling debut album on Capitol Records since Meet the Beatles in 1964. It went platinum (one million units sold) in just two months and spent five weeks at #1 on the Billboard 200 album chart.

Wikipedia: The Knack
The Knack was an American New Wave rock quartet based in Los Angeles that rose to fame with their first single, "My Sharona", an international number one hit in 1979.

official web site: The Knack
Doug Fieger, Berton Averre, Prescott Niles and Bruce Gary were The Knack. Their hit single “My Sharona” went Gold in thirteen days and was the #1 song of 1979. Their debut album Get the Knack sold over six million copies worldwide. Their signature combination of pop melodies and irresistible rock beats broke the stranglehold of Disco and changed the course of popular music for the next decade.

Sharona Alperin
from the About page:
Sharona has been finding entertainment professionals their dream homes for over 20 years.
...
Sharona was only 17 when she was immortalized in the Knack's 1979 hit single "My Sharona". Sharona believes that "'My Sharona' has had an impact on my ability to understand the entertainer's mind, there's something simpatico. You've got to care to the n'th degree. You can't drop the ball for one minute." I sell "the most emotional product on the market, because a star's home is their only safe haven."


Published on Mar 11, 2009 by TheKnackVEVO
YouTube: the original music video for the song
I chose the above video because it had a better stereo sound quality than the original music video which is in mono.

2012-08-06

Site Map - William Quincy BelleFollow me on Twitter

No comments: