Wednesday 17 October 2012

The Pretenders: If There Was A Man



If there was a man I could dream of,
I'd dream about a dream come true.
If there was a man I could ever love,
I'd wait a million years for someone just like you.

All my life I've been belated.
Never taking any chances...always hesitating.
Where's the payoff? Where's the glory?
Where's the one I'm holding out for?
Was he walking through the door,
The one that you walked through...if it isn`t you?

If there was a man I could dream of,
I'd dream about a dream come true.
If there was a man I could ever love,
I'd wait a million years for someone just like you.

Happy endings never find me!
I'd put all my fantasies and hopes of love behind me.
Saw my moments overdue but...

If there was a man out there for me
I wish it would be someone who could love me true
If someone was you.



References

Uploaded on Mar 26, 2019 by Carlos EfraĆ­n

Written by Chrissie Hynde and John Barry

Wikipedia: The Living Daylights (soundtrack)
The Living Daylights is the soundtrack title for the film The Living Daylights and the eleventh and final Bond soundtrack to be scored by composer John Barry.

In a departure from conventions of previous Bond films, the film uses different songs over the opening and end credits. The song heard over the end credits, "If There Was A Man", was one of two songs performed for the film by Chrissie Hynde, of the Pretenders. The other song, "Where Has Everybody Gone", is heard as source music in the film (from Necros's Walkman). The Pretenders were originally considered to perform the film's title song. However, the producers had been pleased with the commercial success of Duran Duran's "A View To A Kill", and felt that a-ha would be more likely to make an impact in the charts. In the event, "The Living Daylights" was a hit in many countries.

Wikipedia: Pretenders (band)
The Pretenders are an English–American rock band formed in Hereford, England in March 1978. The original band comprised initiator and main songwriter Chrissie Hynde (lead vocals, rhythm guitar), James Honeyman-Scott (lead guitar, backing vocals, keyboards), Pete Farndon (bass guitar, backing vocals), and Martin Chambers (drums, backing vocals, percussion). The band has experienced drug-related deaths of the members, and numerous subsequent personnel changes have taken place over the years, with Hynde and Chambers as the remaining original members.

Wikipedia: Chrissie Hynde
Christine Ellen "Chrissie" Hynde (born 7 September 1951 in Akron, Ohio) is an American musician best known as the leader of the rock/new wave band the Pretenders. She is a singer, songwriter, and guitarist, and has been the only constant member of the band throughout its history.

2012-10-17

Site Map - William Quincy BelleFollow me on Twitter

No comments: